The Net-Zero Advisory Body and the Canadian Climate Institute will host “2030 in Focus: Getting the Next Decade Right on Net-Zero” on October 18, 2022. Discussions will focus on the progress toward net zero, from a national and an international perspective.
The conference will occur, in person, at Ottawa’s National Arts Centre and will also be broadcast live. It will feature keynote speakers, moderated panels, and fireside conversations with national and international climate change policy experts, as well as political, business, and Indigenous leaders.
Please note: There are limited in-person tickets available. Please contact Dean Evangeliou at firstname.lastname@example.org from more information.
- October 18: Full-day conference and evening reception, Ottawa’s National Arts Centre / online
The final itinerary is still being finalized but speakers will include:
- The Honourable Steven Guilbeault, Minister of Environment and Climate Change
- The Honourable Jonathan Wilkinson, Minister of Natural Resources
- Leah Stokes, Professor, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Sara Moarif, Head of Environment and Climate Change, International Energy Agency
- Susannah Goshko, U.K. High Commissioner to Canada
- Chris Stark, Chief Executive of the U.K. Climate Change Committee
- Andrew Light, Assistant Secretary of Energy for International Affairs, US Department of Energy
- Brad Archer, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Climate Change Authority
- Phil MacDonald, Chief Operating Officer, Ember
- France Lampron, Director, Energy and Mobility Solutions, Hydro-Québec
- Sidney Ribaux, Director of Ecological Transition and Resilience, City of Montréal
- Merran Smith, Chief Innovation Officer, Clean Energy Canada
- Jane Ambachtsheer, Global Head of Sustainability, BNP Paribas
Register by clicking here.