The Government of Nunavut’s Climate Change Secretariat is looking for youth between the ages of 18 and 29 to serve on a Climate Change Youth Advisory Committee. The committee will provide direct and meaningful input into climate-change related initiatives across Nunavut.
- raise awareness among Nunavummiut on climate change issues affecting their communities;
- provide a youth perspective and input on GN climate change programs, policies and activities;
- advise the GN on emerging climate change issues of concern to youth;
- represent Nunavut youth at climate change gatherings; and
- have the opportunity to become engaged climate change leaders in Nunavut.
To apply, please go to www.climatechangenunavut.ca or visit your local GLO office. Creative applications are not mandatory but encouraged.
Preference will be given to youth enrolled under the Nunavut Agreement. Committee members will be compensated for their time.
For more information, please contact the Climate Change Secretariat by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 867-975-7761.
Deadline for applications is March 31, 2021.