We’re looking forward to attending the Ontario Environment Industry Association (ONEIA) Environment and Cleantech Business + Policy Forum on April 4th at the Sheraton Centre Hotel in Toronto. The event brings together government and business professionals across the environment and cleantech sector to share information, discuss common challenges, and explore opportunities for growth.
The theme for this year’s forum is Keeping Ontario Competitive on the Path to Net Zero. The keynote address will be delivered by Karen Hamberg, chair of Canada’s Clean Technology Economic Strategy Table and Partner and National Clean Technology Leader at Deloitte Canada. Hamburg is the author of the recent report “Scaling solutions: Accelerating the commercialization of made-in-Canada clean technology.”
The day also features an expert panel discussion on how to compete in the wake of the U.S. Inflation Reduction Act. Panelists include Colin Guldimann, Economist at RBC; Ajay Kochhar, President, CEO, and Co-founder of Li-Cycle; and Brandon Moffat, Co-Founder and VP of Development, StormFisher. Other components include lunch and fireside chat with Deputy Ministers and an evening reception with Minister of Environment, Conservation and Parks, the Hon. David Piccini.
This year’s event will feature nine off-the-record roundtable discussions with Ministry policy staff, held over three event sessions. Topics and participants include:
- PFAS: Provincial PFAS Priorities, Policy and On-going Research– Tim Fletcher, Manager, Water Standards, MECP and Satyendra Bhavsar, Research Scientist, Biomonitoring and Inland Waters Section, MECP
- Red Tape Reduction: Overcoming Barriers to Clean Growth – Tom Kaszas, Director lead, Regulatory Modernization Branch, Ministry of Red Tape Reduction
- Energy: Ontario Opportunities and Competitiveness for Clean Energy Investment– Steen Hume, Assistant Deputy Minister, Energy Supply Policy Division and Conservation and Renewable Energy Division, Ministry of Energy
- Excess Soils: Where Are We and Where Are We Going With Excess Soils– Chris Lompart, Manager, Land Use Policy, Environmental Policy Branch (invited), Reema Kureishy, Policy Analyst, Land Use Policy, Environmental Policy Branch (invited), and Erin O’Neill, Manager, Regulatory Profile Management (Acting), Drinking Water and Environmental Compliance Division (invited)
- Brownfields: How to Realize the Potential of Brownfields– Adam Leus, Manager, Brownfields and Permit to Take Water, MECP (invited) and Paul G Welsh, Coordinator, Brownfields Program, Technical Assessment and Standards Development Branch, MECP (invited)
- Bill 23: The Role of the Environment and Cleantech Sector– Ewa Downarowicz, Director (Acting), Planning Policy Branch, Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (invited), Charlene Cressman, Manager (Acting), Planning Coordination Unit, Planning and Growth Division, Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (invited), Barbara Adderley, Manager, Planning Innovation Unit, Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (invited)
- Water: What’s Next with Water and Where is it Flowing in Ontario?
- Environmental Infrastructure: Delivering Innovation in Environmental Infrastructure through Collaborative Contracting
- Resource Recovery/Waste: Resource Recovery Beyond EPR, What’s Next?
Learn more and see the complete agenda here.