The British Columbia Environment Industry Association invites submissions of papers and technical presentations for its Bettering Environmental Stewardship and Technology Conference (BEST 2020) to be held in Whistler, BC from May 6 to 8, 2020.
The seventh annual conference will be held at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler.
Papers and presentations are encouraged in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Technology/Management/Consulting in the Clean Energy Sector (Wind, Solar, Tidal)
- Oil & Gas
- Construction and Municipal Infrastructure: Environmental Monitoring, Storm Water, Management/Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, Landfill Management
- Emergency Spill Response: Technologies, Case studies, Lessons learned
- Contaminated Sites (Innovative Technologies, Practices, Case Studies, Lessons learned): Investigation, Remediation, Risk Assessment, Soil Treatment (in‐situ, ex‐situ), Groundwater treatment/containment, Soil Vapour Treatment/Containment, Brownfield Development
- Green Building: LEED, Step Code Improvement, Passive House Design
- Environmental Assessment & Permitting
- Environmental Law & Case Studies
- Environmental Policy Initiatives
- First Nations Consultation & Partnerships
- Large Projects (Mines, Dams, Road Infrastructure, Terminals, Industrial Properties): Demolition, Decommissioning, Investigation, Remediation, Reclamation, Case Studies
- Sustainable Business Practice Case Studies
- Upcoming Major Project
- Updates and Successes in Western Canada
- Urban Planning/Design/Environmental Sustainability
For further information click here
Photo: Whistler, B.C. by Lucy Claire.