The Canadian Brownfields Network (CBN) is issuing a call for abstracts for presentations at its 2024 national conference. The CBN is a knowledge-based national network of passionate and multi-disciplinary volunteers focused on uncovering, understanding and sharing brownfield barriers and solutions.
The 2024 CBN Annual Conference will be held on May 30 at Toronto Metropolitan University. The theme of this year’s conference is “Brownfields Here & Now” and will explore the challenges and opportunities with current brownfield redevelopment and remediation, including issues related to policy and legislation, balancing community priorities, standard of care, and climate resilience.
Abstracts are being accepted for the following themes.
Innovative Practices in Brownfield Restoration and Remediation
Shining examples of brownfield restoration with new breathtaking ideas that will revolutionize the way brownfield redevelopment is done.
- Next generation sustainability goals for residential, reaching beyond net zero
- Green remediation and Circular Economy for Brownfield redevelopment
- Advanced Information Management with AI
Preventing Future Brownfields
Lessons learned, and practices implemented, from natural disasters and climate change mitigation.
- Wildfire contamination cleanup
- Building back better to avoid flood risk
- Planning mitigation/remediation to withstand floods and climate change
The submission deadline is March 1st. Click here for full details.
Featured image credit: Toronto Metropolitan University