An unprecedented collaboration at the COP26 – UN Climate Change Conference UK 2021has resulted in the launch of the COP26 Resilience Hub and accelerate global action on resilience and adaption.
The COP Resilience Hub event program – which is open for registration at https://cop-resilience-hub.org/ – unites business, investors, civil society, academia, cities and regions in a feat of global cooperation that has created a program of over 70 events and initiatives that is running in parallel alongside COP26.
Over 100 organizations are involved in supporting the 24/7 virtual program that will provide a window on the many resilience and adaptation actions that are already taking place around the globe, and aims to galvanize new action.
The COP Resilience Hub managing partners include the Global Resilience Partnership, the Adrienne Arsht-Rockefeller Foundation Resilience Center at the Atlantic Council, and The Resilience Shift.
Key sponsors include FCDO, JP Morgan, UNFCCC, Deloitte, Google, IBM, PWC, Arup, AXA-XL, Jupiter Intelligence, Mott MacDonald, SPARC, Willis Towers Watson, WSP, Anglian Water and the Climate Justice Resilience Fund.
The COP Resilience Hub is the home of the UN High Level Champions Race to Resilience that is catalyzing action to build the resilience of 4 billion people by 2030. The Hub supports the objective of the COP26 President Alok Sharma on adaption to the impacts of climate change.
The program features the following:
- Blue zone featured events across 10 key themes
- Daily Windows on Resilience sharing best practice on adaptation and resilience from COP and our Hubs around the world
- A Resilience Gala to celebrate the work of all our partner organizations, along with key sponsor events
- Race to Resilience partner initiatives and complementary events on its coastal, rural and urban resilience themes.
- A film showcase in partnership with WaterBear, and a selection of music and arts initiatives
To view the COP Resilience Hub livestream, click here.
Featured image courtesy of the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD): The Panel from Futur/io’s wake-up call COP26. L-R: Tia Kansara, Dianne Dain, Harald Neidhardt, and Marc Buckley.